Diageo promotes Gladman to Africa role
Philip Gladman, the top European marketer for Diageo's white spirits brands, is to join its African operations.
Philip Gladman: moving to Africa role with Diageo
Chris Lock replaces him as category marketing director for white spirits, Diageo Western Europe.
Gladman, who has overseen marketing for brands such as Smirnoff and Gordon’s Gin, is taking up the role of marketing and innovation director for Diageo Africa with immediate effect. He joins the drinks company’s executive team for the continent and its global marketing leadership team.
Gladman has been at Diageo for 12 years. He previously worked as its GB marketing director and, prior to that, as global brand director for Smirnoff, where he oversaw the launch of its Nightlife Exchange Project.
At last year’s ISBA conference, Gladman argued that brands with social-media followings of fewer than 1m were better off investing in TV ads.
Lock previously managed white spirits brands in the UK and has been marketing director for Smirnoff Europe. His most recent role was category marketing director for Baileys and portfolio.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...