Marc Nohr, Kitcatt Nohr Digitas
Kitcatt Nohr's chief executive on working with Nelson Mandela, Mohamed Al-Fayed and Pippin the dog.
Marc Nohr is the chief executive of Kitcatt Nohr Digitas
Name: Marc Nohr
Job: Chief executive, Kitcatt Nohr Digitas
- The reason I got into advertising was ...it seemed to be the obvious choice for a would-be renaissance man who had tried acting, music, journalism, publishing and starting a small business all before the age of 21.
- The campaign I'm most proud of working on is ...the election of Nelson Mandela and the ANC in South Africa's first democratic election. In the commercial realm, new launches for Waitrose, John Lewis, Virgin and Lexus all filled me with joy.
- And the campaign I pretend I wasn't responsible for is ...the relaunch of Punch magazine when Al-Fayed bought it in 1996. The magazine was a lethal mix of The Spectator and Loaded.
And the campaign was just as ill-conceived and shortlived.
- My favourite campaign created by someone else is ...the election of Barack Obama (is there a theme emerging here?). In the commercial realm, I loved the launch of the Apple iPod.
- The best moment of my career so far was ...having some of the nation's most admired brands choose our agency as their preferred partner.
- While the most embarrassing moment was ...congratulating a client on being pregnant, when she wasn't. It was a true Larry David moment.
- The best celebrity I've worked with on a campaign is ...most charming? Jeremy Irons. Hairiest? Pippin the dog. Most precious? I'll stop there ...
- The person I'd most like to work with in the industry is ...I am already working with them.
- The person who's had the biggest influence on my career is ...probably my late father.
- The best piece of advice I've received during my career is ...never listen to your father.
- If I wasn't working in advertising, I'd be ...a student. Or an entrepreneur. Or both.
- In ten years' time, I'll be ...Resisting the temptation to do it all over again.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...