Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Converse
A look at the performance of Converse in social media over the past four months
Converse asked its 20m Facebook fans to design and sell trainers via social media. The 'Made by' app gave fans a free pair if they sell five of their own design.
A record number of comments were posted on the brand's Facebook page.
Its Chinese New Year collection launched to critical acclaim.
A 'Three Artists. One Song' collaboration, featuring the band Gorillaz and musicians Andre 3000 and James Murphy was released. It generated a spike in conversation.
The Converse Facebook brand page was the UK's most-liked, with 23.3m likes, up 11.5% on November 2011.
Converse's link-up with Gorillaz created high levels of social buzz, with more than 7000 fans liking news of the partnership on Facebook. The tie-in DoYaThing music video has been shared more than 123,000 times and watched more than 2.6m times, marking a successful social partnership between the brand and band.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels.
The Social Media Reputation (SMR) score provides a benchmark to gauge brands' respective popularity.
The score is derived by averaging the noise around a brand (reach) with its popularity (satisfaction).
Then the numbers from the last month are compared to the previous three months to apply a topical adjustment (recency).
An algorithm and some more human analysis later produces the SMR score.
To boost accuracy, a representative sample of the automated sentiment data is validated by Yomego's expert team.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...