Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Converse
A look at the performance of Converse in social media over the past four months
Converse asked its 20m Facebook fans to design and sell trainers via social media. The 'Made by' app gave fans a free pair if they sell five of their own design.
A record number of comments were posted on the brand's Facebook page.
Its Chinese New Year collection launched to critical acclaim.
A 'Three Artists. One Song' collaboration, featuring the band Gorillaz and musicians Andre 3000 and James Murphy was released. It generated a spike in conversation.
The Converse Facebook brand page was the UK's most-liked, with 23.3m likes, up 11.5% on November 2011.
Converse's link-up with Gorillaz created high levels of social buzz, with more than 7000 fans liking news of the partnership on Facebook. The tie-in DoYaThing music video has been shared more than 123,000 times and watched more than 2.6m times, marking a successful social partnership between the brand and band.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels.
The Social Media Reputation (SMR) score provides a benchmark to gauge brands' respective popularity.
The score is derived by averaging the noise around a brand (reach) with its popularity (satisfaction).
Then the numbers from the last month are compared to the previous three months to apply a topical adjustment (recency).
An algorithm and some more human analysis later produces the SMR score.
To boost accuracy, a representative sample of the automated sentiment data is validated by Yomego's expert team.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...