Brand Barometer: Anthony Nolan's latest viral campaign reviewed
Social video expert Goviral evaluates Anthony Nolan's latest viral campaign, with "ones to watch" from Nike Golf, Microsoft Research and Hertz.
A decent effort... ticks all the important boxes
9 / 10
Anthony Nolan: Make Some Noise About Blood Cancer
This campaign eschews the depressing imagery often found in health-related charity ads in favour of a strategy built around entertainment.
Blood-cancer charity Anthony Nolan knows how to capture the attention of its young male target audience. The video features a live stage performance by Bass6, a beatboxer who creates music to words projected onto a screen. When the words 'blood cancer' appear the artist says there is no music in cancer, but stresses the importance of making 'noise' about it.
This is a decent effort that ticks all the important boxes: it's short, entertaining and gets its message across. It shows that even a delicate topic can be presented in an engaging way, an approach that should be used more often in the sector.
Ones to watch: Viral hits from this week
Nike Golf: No Cup is Safe
Nike showcases its brand ambassador Rory McIlroy, with whom it recently struck a multi-million-pound deal. He stars alongside Tiger Woods in this humorous video.
Microsoft Research - IllumiRoom
IllumiRoom is a proof-of-concept project intended to 'push the boundary of living-room immersive entertainment by blending virtual and physical worlds with projected visualisations'.
Hertz - SkiBrogugues
This video appears to promote an invention - boots with retractable skis. The product is actually a fake, however, conjured up to promote Hertz and its ski-destination rental rates.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London