Halfords poaches Asda's West for online push
Halfords is focusing on improving its online offering through the creation of a group digital director role, for which it has recruited Asda's operations director for new business and home shopping, Clive West.
Halfords: 2011 Christmas bikes campaign by DLKW Lowe
The car and bicycle specialist will task West with overseeing all aspects of its online sales, including the Halfords.com website, the delivery process of orders, and its "reserve and collect" service.
West will join the executive management team and report directly to chief executive David Wild, when he joins the business on 5 March.
Halfords has brought in West for the expertise he gained at Asda, where he launched its "click and collect" service and its Home Shopping Centres.
According to Halfords, West helped double the turnover of Asda's online grocery business during his three years in the role.
The specialist retailer has been ramping up its online offer in the last year through the launch of the Halfords app, a new mobile site and the relaunched Halfords Autocentres website.
West's hiring follows Halfords' appointment of former Emap group managing director Claudia Arney to the board as a non-executive director, in order to tap her digital expertise.
Wild said: "Our multichannel offer is a key area of development for the Halfords business. More and more customers are researching and shopping online. Clive's appointment will help us continue to progress in this fast-changing area."
Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Account Executive - Prize & Incentive Agency - Battersea - £28k OTE Element London Limited £28k OTE, Battersea / Clapham Junction - London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...