M&S launches first Samsung TV app
Marks & Spencer (M&S) has become the first UK retailer to create its own app for Samsung's internet-connected TV range, Samsung Smart TVs.
Marks & Spencer: creates its own app for Samsung Smart TVs.
Product ranges at M&S will be showcased via the app through tips on high-street trends, lifestyle, food, fashion and technology.
A Samsung spokesman said the app was not transactional, but added that this was something that might feature in the future, "as Smart TVs continue to advance in technology and more people are becoming aware of it".
Up until now, Samsung Smart TV apps have predominantly involved partnerships with media companies.
Apps currently available via the Samsung Smart TV App store include BBC iPlayer, LoveFilm, Netflix, YouTube, Teletext Holidays, Rightmove, Thomson Local, Facebook and Twitter.
Susan Aubrey-Cound, director for new channels at M&S, said: "This app enables customers to discover more about our products and innovations from the comfort of their living rooms, whilst supporting our broader marketing channels."
Samsung claims that more than 10 million apps have already been downloaded from the Smart TV app store across the world, as consumers embrace the format.
A Smart Hub interface on the televisions allow viewers to open content from branded apps and the internet, while the television also allows people to connect wirelessly to other devices including smartphones, laptops and tablets.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...