Sport Relief launches mobile app to drum up support
Sport Relief, the sister charity event to Comic Relief, has launched its first mobile app for both Android and iPhone devices, which will feature news and behind-the scenes-celebrity gossip for its flagship weekend event in March.
Sport Relief: mobile app is designed to promote March flagship event
The Sport Relief in Your Pocket app, created by Chroma, is available to download today (7 February) for free from the App Store and Android market.
It features regular updates from all Sport Relief challenges, as well as images and video content from the celebrities involved, including Miranda Hart, Gary Lineker, Vernon Kay, Colin Jackson, Dermot O'Leary and Fearne Cotton.
It comes with a 'Fling a-Face' interactive game, which enables players to catapult one of these celebrities' faces, or a friend's face across a range of obstacles to collect points.
The app also has an 'Inspire Me' feature, which includes examples and stories of individuals' Sport Relief fundraising activities.
Past Sport Relief challenges include David Walliams swimming the length of the Thames and Eddie Izzard completing 43 marathons in 51 days.
Brands involved with Sports Relief include Sainsbury's, which sponsors the Sport Relief Mile, and BT, which sponsors the challenges.
The Sport Relief event, which runs between 23 and 25 March 2012, will be televised on the BBC.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Customer Insight Analyst Network Marketing £24000 - £28000 per annum, West Yorkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...