Foster's launches Facebook Timeline app
Foster's has become one of the first alcohol brands in the UK to develop an app for Facebook's Timeline to showcase its exclusive comedy content.
Foster's Funny: rolls out Facebook app
The Foster's Funny Facebook app, created by Lean Mean Fighting Machine and launched today (8 February), enables users to watch video content of episodes, clips, trailers and outtakes.
Videos are served via the Foster's Funny Facebook app page and friends' news feeds, which the user can then click on to watch themselves.
The app launches in time for the start of the second internet series of 'The Fast Show'. It will also serve the appetising back catalogue of more than 40 episodes of previous Foster's Funny content, including 'Vic and Bob's Afternoon Delights' and deleted scenes from 'Alan Partridge's Mid-Morning Matters'.
This move marks another stage in the beer brand's close relationship with comedy, which has been gathering momentum for the past few years.
The media app will drive organic reach and further cement Foster's Funny platform among its core audience and capitalising on Facebook's UK reach of 30 million users.
Niall McKee, brand manager for Foster's at Heineken in the UK, said: "Foster's is currently developing some of the most premium, online exclusive comedy content, from the new Alan Partridge to 'The Fast Show', and the Facebook media app offers our consumers a new and exciting way to watch and share the content through one of their biggest online touch points."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...