Tissot debuts augmented reality campaign for latest range
LONDON - Tissot will incorporate augmented reality into its latest advertising campaign allowing customers to 'try on' its new range of watches.
Tissot: augmented reality ads allow readers to interact
Tissot are inserting ads complete with AR codes into the June issues of T3 and GQ magazines, allowing readers to 'try on' and interact with a virtual model of their watches using a webcam-enabled computer.
The ad features a tip-on in GQ and a cut-out template wristband in T3. The wristband can also be downloaded from Tissot's Reality website.
Readers put on the band and are instructed to download software from Tissot's website, which also includes a downloadable PDF and instructional video.
By holding the band in front of a webcam, users can see on screen how they would look wearing the watch, choosing different models from on-screen menus.
The application, developed with virtual reality specialist Holition, lets wearers experiment with the touch-screen features of Tissot's watches. Videos showcasing the features of each watch are displayed.
Lynne Murray, brand director at Holition, said: "With the rapid growth in online retail and customer-buying habits becoming increasingly more complex, brands have to work harder to secure sales. Combining Holition's intuitive understanding of retail with augmented reality, this technology platform seamlessly integrates into a brands business strategy, enabling brands to experience a higher level of consumer engagement with their product."
Jamie Bill, publishing director at GQ, said: "The clever use of AR, conventional page-advertising and a 'tip-on', facilitates our readership to 'try on' a wide variety of models and colours. It’s clever, functional and novel, making the very best use of print and digital."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Front-End Web Developer The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £28000 per annum, Stockport
- Head of Acquisition Salt £70000 - £80000 per annum, London