Tissot debuts augmented reality campaign for latest range
LONDON - Tissot will incorporate augmented reality into its latest advertising campaign allowing customers to 'try on' its new range of watches.
Tissot: augmented reality ads allow readers to interact
Tissot are inserting ads complete with AR codes into the June issues of T3 and GQ magazines, allowing readers to 'try on' and interact with a virtual model of their watches using a webcam-enabled computer.
The ad features a tip-on in GQ and a cut-out template wristband in T3. The wristband can also be downloaded from Tissot's Reality website.
Readers put on the band and are instructed to download software from Tissot's website, which also includes a downloadable PDF and instructional video.
By holding the band in front of a webcam, users can see on screen how they would look wearing the watch, choosing different models from on-screen menus.
The application, developed with virtual reality specialist Holition, lets wearers experiment with the touch-screen features of Tissot's watches. Videos showcasing the features of each watch are displayed.
Lynne Murray, brand director at Holition, said: "With the rapid growth in online retail and customer-buying habits becoming increasingly more complex, brands have to work harder to secure sales. Combining Holition's intuitive understanding of retail with augmented reality, this technology platform seamlessly integrates into a brands business strategy, enabling brands to experience a higher level of consumer engagement with their product."
Jamie Bill, publishing director at GQ, said: "The clever use of AR, conventional page-advertising and a 'tip-on', facilitates our readership to 'try on' a wide variety of models and colours. It’s clever, functional and novel, making the very best use of print and digital."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k (freelance & perm) Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London