Unilever enjoys Kylie bounce
LONDON - Kylie Minogue has helped boost Unilever's bottom line today following a public endorsement of its 100-year-old beauty cream Pond's.
Kylie Minogue: Agent Provocateur ad
After revealing to the media on Sunday her tip to youthful-looking skin was not injections of botox, but rather Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser, demand for the product has quadrupled in three days.
The 'Kylie effect' has led to Pond's to order more stock to meet the upsurge in demand, as well as increasing production levels.
Kylie said: "Yes, I've used botox, but not any more. I'm embracing my age and now my only secret is Pond's Cream.
"I use it every day. It's all I really use to look after my skin."
Peter Reynolds, marketing manager for Pond's at Unilever, said: "That type of endorsement is one of the secrets to the brand's success."
The product is charged at £3.99 and is available in more than 5,000 high street stores across the UK.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London