Unilever enjoys Kylie bounce
LONDON - Kylie Minogue has helped boost Unilever's bottom line today following a public endorsement of its 100-year-old beauty cream Pond's.
Kylie Minogue: Agent Provocateur ad
After revealing to the media on Sunday her tip to youthful-looking skin was not injections of botox, but rather Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser, demand for the product has quadrupled in three days.
The 'Kylie effect' has led to Pond's to order more stock to meet the upsurge in demand, as well as increasing production levels.
Kylie said: "Yes, I've used botox, but not any more. I'm embracing my age and now my only secret is Pond's Cream.
"I use it every day. It's all I really use to look after my skin."
Peter Reynolds, marketing manager for Pond's at Unilever, said: "That type of endorsement is one of the secrets to the brand's success."
The product is charged at £3.99 and is available in more than 5,000 high street stores across the UK.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- International Marketing & Sales Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Top 10 Agency - Central London - c£48k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd c£48k+, Central London
- Graphic Designer (Print) Scripps Network Competitive Salary and Benefits package, Victoria, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director / Group Account Director - Superb Agency - Central London Fill Recruitment Ltd to £70k, Central London