Unilever enjoys Kylie bounce
LONDON - Kylie Minogue has helped boost Unilever's bottom line today following a public endorsement of its 100-year-old beauty cream Pond's.
Kylie Minogue: Agent Provocateur ad
After revealing to the media on Sunday her tip to youthful-looking skin was not injections of botox, but rather Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser, demand for the product has quadrupled in three days.
The 'Kylie effect' has led to Pond's to order more stock to meet the upsurge in demand, as well as increasing production levels.
Kylie said: "Yes, I've used botox, but not any more. I'm embracing my age and now my only secret is Pond's Cream.
"I use it every day. It's all I really use to look after my skin."
Peter Reynolds, marketing manager for Pond's at Unilever, said: "That type of endorsement is one of the secrets to the brand's success."
The product is charged at £3.99 and is available in more than 5,000 high street stores across the UK.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London