Unilever enjoys Kylie bounce
LONDON - Kylie Minogue has helped boost Unilever's bottom line today following a public endorsement of its 100-year-old beauty cream Pond's.
Kylie Minogue: Agent Provocateur ad
After revealing to the media on Sunday her tip to youthful-looking skin was not injections of botox, but rather Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser, demand for the product has quadrupled in three days.
The 'Kylie effect' has led to Pond's to order more stock to meet the upsurge in demand, as well as increasing production levels.
Kylie said: "Yes, I've used botox, but not any more. I'm embracing my age and now my only secret is Pond's Cream.
"I use it every day. It's all I really use to look after my skin."
Peter Reynolds, marketing manager for Pond's at Unilever, said: "That type of endorsement is one of the secrets to the brand's success."
The product is charged at £3.99 and is available in more than 5,000 high street stores across the UK.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Account Manager [Integrated] - Superb Agency - £37k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £37k+, Central London
- Head of Creative Major Players negotiable, City of London