Streetdance 3D helps Nokia cinema campaign deliver 700,000 impacts
The release of 'Streetdance 3D' helped a Nokia cinema ad campaign deliver an estimated 700,000 impacts last weekend, according to unofficial figures from Digital Cinema Media.
The Nokia ad, created by Wieden & Kennedy and called 'Highway Manifesto', is a 60-second commercial that promotes the introduction of free sat nav facility to all Nokia mobile users.
The cinema ad, booked by Aegis media agency Carat UK, was shown before 10 of the top 15 box office films this weekend, including ‘Prince of Persia', ‘Robin Hood' and ‘Iron Man 2'.
‘Streetdance 3D', a British film that tells the story of a street dance crew being forced to work with ballet dancers, delivered an estimated 429,991 impacts last weekend and was the most-watched film.
‘Prince of Persia', which stars actors Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton, was the second most-watched film of the weekend with an estimated 279,809 impacts.
The third most-watched film was the most recent retelling of the ‘Robin Hood' story, directed by ‘Gladiator' director Ridley Scott, which delivered an estimated 278,038 impacts over the weekend.
|Total box office figures ( 22&23 May)|
|Film||Weekend Box Office||Weekend Impacts||Total box office so far||Impacts so far|
|Street Dance (Vertigo)||2,493,948||429,991||2,493,948||429,991.0|
|Prince of Persia (Disney)||1,371,066||279,809.4||1,371,066||279,809.4|
|Robin Hood (Universal)||1,362,385||278,037.8||9,090,395||1,855,182.7|
|Iron Man 2 (Paramount)||523,266||106,789.0||19,109,368||3,899,871.0|
|Four Lions (Optimum)||195,812||39,961.6||1,978,699||403,816.1|
|Nightmare on Elm Street (Warner)||194,603||39,714.9||3,238,509||660,920.2|
|Hot Tub Time Machine (20th Fox)||192,635||39,313.3||2,558,819||522,208.0|
|Bad Lieutenant (Lionsgate)||178,953||36,521.0||178,953||36,521.0|
|The Back-Up Plan (Sony)||158,482||32,343.3||2,038,271||415,973.7|
|Furry Vengence (E1 Films)||154,021||38,505.3||2,737,511||684,377.8|
|Cop Out (Warner)||64,935||13,252.0||64,935||13,252.0|
|How to Train your Dragon (Paramount)||64,470||12,894.0||16,840,447||3,368,089.4|
|The Last Song (Disney)||39,315||8,023.5||1,931,718||394,228.2|
|The Ghost (Optimum)||24,098||4,918.0||3,948,779||805,873.3|
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London