Virgin Media upgrades karoke on-demand service
Virgin Media has upgraded its on-demand Karaoke Channel following a deal with media and technology firm Stingray Digital.
Karaoke Channel: deal with Stingray Digital
,The deal will allow viewers to sing lead vocals on tracks by artists including Lady Gaga and Michael Jackson.
From Monday (31 May), Virgin Media's TV customers will be able to choose from a paid-for on-demand playlist of over 100 karaoke songs and videos, spanning genres such as pop, country, disco and rock. Virgin's XL customers will be able to use the service for free.
Aleks Hadbank, Virgin Media's director of on-demand TV, said: "The Karaoke Channel is a perfect fit for our on-demand TV line-up, promising great fun with an outstanding choice of the most popular songs."
Virgin's Karaoke Channel was previously run by Zoe Interactive, which also supplies BT Vision with a similar service.
According to Virgin, the first three months of 2010 saw its on-demand service attract 200m views. Approximately 2.1m Virgin-enabled homes regularly watch on-demand TV, the company said.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Producer Red Sofa London £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated / Digital Iconic Brands c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, London (Greater)
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £42000.00 - £52000.00 per annum + Great Benefits!, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Designer - Award winning agency - c£30k central London Fill Recruitment Ltd Central London, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Graduate Account Planner Havas EHS £16,000 + relocation , Cirencester, Cotswolds.