Royal Mail appoints Moya Greene as new chief executive
The Royal Mail has announced a successor to chief executive Adam Crozier, who left the postal group in April.
Moya Greene: new Royal Mail chief executive
The vacancy will be filled by Moya Greene, who takes up the post in July. She is currently the president and chief executive of Canada Post Corporation (CPC).
Donald Brydon, Royal Mail's chairman, said: "She will bring energy, clear thinking and a proven leadership track record – as well as hugely relevant experience – to the business at an important moment in its evolution."
Greene has been chief of CPC since 2005. Before that, she held senior roles at companies including Bombardier and TD Bank.
Earlier this month, the new government's business secretary, Vince Cable, announced proposals to part-privatise Royal Mail, but to keep the 12,000-strong Post Office under state ownership.
The same day, Royal Mail announced it had increased its operating profit by £83m in the past financial year to £404m, an uplift of 26%.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London