Royal Mail appoints Moya Greene as new chief executive
The Royal Mail has announced a successor to chief executive Adam Crozier, who left the postal group in April.
Moya Greene: new Royal Mail chief executive
The vacancy will be filled by Moya Greene, who takes up the post in July. She is currently the president and chief executive of Canada Post Corporation (CPC).
Donald Brydon, Royal Mail's chairman, said: "She will bring energy, clear thinking and a proven leadership track record – as well as hugely relevant experience – to the business at an important moment in its evolution."
Greene has been chief of CPC since 2005. Before that, she held senior roles at companies including Bombardier and TD Bank.
Earlier this month, the new government's business secretary, Vince Cable, announced proposals to part-privatise Royal Mail, but to keep the 12,000-strong Post Office under state ownership.
The same day, Royal Mail announced it had increased its operating profit by £83m in the past financial year to £404m, an uplift of 26%.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director - Shopper Marketing Perfect Marketing People To £55k, Manchester
- Account Manager - Corporate to £38k Network Career Consultants £35000 - £38000 per annum, London