Sex and The City 2 helps Muller cinema ad to 1.3 million impacts
The release of 'Sex and The City 2' helped a cinema campaign for Muller Fruit Corner to deliver an estimated 1.3 million impacts, according to figures from Digital Cinema Media.
The ad, which was created by VCCP, is called 'Galloping Cow' and shows a cow being allowed to gallop across the countryside in return for giving Muller Fruit Corner milk to make its yoghurts.
The cinema ad, in activity planned and bought by WPP media agency Media Com, ran against the Jennifer Lopez film ‘The Back-up Plan' as well as 'Sex And The City 2'.
The second film starring the four characters from the 'Sex and The City' TV series was released on Friday. It delivered an estimated 1.25 million impacts and took £6.1m at the box office in its first weekend.
The second most watched film of the weekend was 'Prince of Persia', a film based on the Prince of Persia video game and starring Jake Gyllenhaal, which delivered an estimated 334,316 impacts.
'Streetdance 3D', which shows what happens when a troupe of streetdancers are forced to share a studio with ballet dancers, fell to third place in its second weekend and delivered an estimated 312,268 impacts.
|Total box office figures (29&30 May)|
|FILM||WEEKEND BOX OFFICE||WEEKEND IMPACTS||TOTAL BOX OFFICE SO FAR||IMPACTS SO FAR|
|Sex and the city 2 (Warner)||6,142,718.00||1,253,615.9||6,142,718||1,253,616|
|Prince of Persia (Disney)||1,638,149.00||334,316.1||4,017,460||819,890|
|Robin Hood (Universal)||1,489,273.00||303,933.3||11,620,091||2,371,447|
|The Tooth Fairy (20th Fox)||844,889.00||211,222.3||844,889||211,222|
|Iron Man 2 (Paramount)||511,895.00||10,446.8||19,975,518||4,076,636|
|Space Chimps 2 (Entertainmnt)||434,883.00||86,976.6||434,883||86,977|
|The Loosers (Optimum)||391,938.00||79,987.3||391,938||79,987|
|Bad Lieutenant (Lionsgate)||180,443.00||36,825.1||532,700||108,714|
|Four Lions (Optimum)||164,967.00||33,666.7||2,338,974||477,342|
|Furry Vengeance (E1 Films)||158,275.00||39,568.8||2,947,641||736,910|
|Hot Tub Time Machine (20th Fox)||121,792.00||24,855.5||2,878,849||587,520|
|Nightmare on Elm Street (Warner)||92,031.00||18,781.8||3,502,236||714,742|
|REC 2 (E1 Films)||70,367.00||14,360.6||70,367||14,361|
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Responsive Designer (Top 10 NMA) Premier Media £35K + benefits, Central London