China's refrigerator magnate
Zhang Ruimin, CEO of the Haier Group--the Chinese company that is the world's fifth-biggest maker of white goods--describes his plan to create a global brand.
Few Chinese manufacturing companies are known outside their home markets, because most would rather supply goods to established Western brands than compete under their own brand names in Europe and North America. But Haier Group, which makes refrigerators, washing machines, air conditioners, and nearly 80 other products, wants to sell its appliances—and its brand—to the rest of the world. In this interview, Haier's chairman and CEO, Zhang Ruimin, talks about the challenges of going abroad and explains how dorm-room refrigerators are merely a foot in the door.
Building a global brand is more difficult than supplying white boxes to established players. But Zhang believes that this is the right strategy for achieving higher margins.
For a downloadable version of this article click link below
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Web Designer / Front End Developer Guru Careers £45 - 50k + Benefits, Based in London (SE1)
- Head of Marketing - Commercial/B2B Berwick Partners Excellent basic plus benefits, Central London/Berkshire
- Account Manager (2 months) Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London