Corporate voodoo: principles for business mavericks and magicians
Corporate Voodoo is about a new kind of business management, and one that works in a broad sphere of business including advertising and marketing. The main thrust of the book is to persuade business to be adventurous, but adventurous for a reason. By Rene Carayol and David Firth.
Using examples such as Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Vodafone and Tesco's rapid dominance of online grocery retailing, the authors Rene Carayol and David Firth argue for a more organic and spiritual view of business. However, this is not a wishy-washy tree-hugging critique of current management styles.
Central to its premise is the acceptance of failure and the willingness to break free of what it terms the "Slow business" -- business that remains unchanged and fearful of change, ie John Lewis and Marks & Spencer -- and join the realm of "Fast Business", a world where experimentation, quick thinking and a holistic view of business is paramount. New blood and new ideas are the cornerstone of the Corporate Voodoo way, as well as creating a work environment where staff are challenged, but not stressed.
Its direct approach and simple, everyday language spell out in the clearest of terms the principles of Corporate Voodoo, ie "Voodoo disturbs the way things are", "Voodoo distrusts old measures", "Voodoo accepts uncertainty", and "Voodoo says: consensus is no way to run a company." Simple, but almost radical in UK plc.
All in all, it's a promising proposition, not too outlandish and, in theory, eminently workable. How many businesses are willing to make this kind of fundamental change in their practices, however, is a moot point.
To buy this book click on the link below
ISBN Number: 1841121576
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Board Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £75000.00 per annum, City of London
- Head of Paid Social PFJ £65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + great benefits, London
- Digital Acquisition Manager Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, North West England
- Head of Customer Services - Digital NPS - Online Retail - Web Salt £40000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits + Car Allowance + Bonus, Northamptonshire
- Account Manager Red Sofa London £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - TECHNOLOGY COMPANY - WEST LONDON - £35k Salt £35000 per annum, London