Corporate voodoo: principles for business mavericks and magicians
Corporate Voodoo is about a new kind of business management, and one that works in a broad sphere of business including advertising and marketing. The main thrust of the book is to persuade business to be adventurous, but adventurous for a reason. By Rene Carayol and David Firth.
Using examples such as Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Vodafone and Tesco's rapid dominance of online grocery retailing, the authors Rene Carayol and David Firth argue for a more organic and spiritual view of business. However, this is not a wishy-washy tree-hugging critique of current management styles.
Central to its premise is the acceptance of failure and the willingness to break free of what it terms the "Slow business" -- business that remains unchanged and fearful of change, ie John Lewis and Marks & Spencer -- and join the realm of "Fast Business", a world where experimentation, quick thinking and a holistic view of business is paramount. New blood and new ideas are the cornerstone of the Corporate Voodoo way, as well as creating a work environment where staff are challenged, but not stressed.
Its direct approach and simple, everyday language spell out in the clearest of terms the principles of Corporate Voodoo, ie "Voodoo disturbs the way things are", "Voodoo distrusts old measures", "Voodoo accepts uncertainty", and "Voodoo says: consensus is no way to run a company." Simple, but almost radical in UK plc.
All in all, it's a promising proposition, not too outlandish and, in theory, eminently workable. How many businesses are willing to make this kind of fundamental change in their practices, however, is a moot point.
To buy this book click on the link below
ISBN Number: 1841121576
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Brand Strategy Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £43000 - £48000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London