Creating business advantage in the information age
Harvard Business School Cases are world renowned for their extensive and thorough exploration of strategic issues. By Applegate and McFarlan
We are offering a selection of recent HBS cases with four module introductions as a stand-alone product for the first time to offer greater flexibility for packaging with other MH/Irwin products.
This book is written for students and managers who desire an overview of e-business and contemporary information systems technology (IT) management.
It explains the relevant issues of effective management of information services activities and highlights the areas of greatest potential application of the technology.
No assumptions are made concerning the reader’s experience with IT, but it is assumed that the reader has some course work or work experience. This text is comprised of an extensive collection of Harvard Business cases devoted to Information Technology and E-Business.
Cases 1. Charles Schwab (A)
2. Charles Schwab (B)
Module One: The Challenges of Managing in an Information Age
Cases 1. H.E. Butt Grocery Company: The New Digital Strategy
3. Li & Fung
Module Two: Building Information Age Businesses
Cases 1. QuickenInsurance: The Race to Click and Close (Condensed)
2. Amazon.com 2000
3. Amazon.com Valuation Exercise
4. American Express Interactive Module
Three: Information Age Operations
Cases 1. Arepa
2. Selecting a Hosting Provider
3. Web and IT Hosting Facilities
4. Trilogy (A)
5. The iPremier Company: Denial of Service Attack (A)
Module Four: Managing Information Age Projects and Programs
Cases 1. Tektronix, Inc.: Global ERP Implementation
2. BAE Automated Systems: Denver International Airport Baggage-Handling System (A)
3. Cisco Systems Architecture: ERP and Web-Enabled IT
4. General Dynamics and Computer Sciences Corporation: Outsourcing the IS Function (A)
Concluding Thoughts Case 1. Merrill Lynch: Integrated Choice (Condensed)
To order this book click on the link below
ISBN Number: 0072523670
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London