Beckham tipped by bookies to feature in Sony campaign
David Beckham has been tipped by Paddy Power to be the first celebrity to feature in Sony's TV campaign for its new PS3 controller Move.
Beckham: Bookies favourite for PS3 ad
In a cheeky move, the bookmakers has said with Sony's new hand-held controllers taking the lead from rival PlayStation's Wii, "it may as well replicate their advertising template too".
Nintendo Wii ads feature celebs such as Jamie and Louise Redknapp, as well as Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly.
Paddy Power is already taking bets on who will be the first celebrity to feature in the PS3 ad, with Beckham the favourite at 6/1 followed by ex-Manchester United team mate Cristiano Ronaldo and England midfielder Frank Lampard tying at 8/1.
The celebs less likely to appear in the ads according to the bookies include love rats Tiger Woods at 50/1 and Ronan Keating at 66/1. Britain's Got Talent runner up Susan Boyle is even less likely at 250/1 followed by The Queen at 500/1.
Sony's Move was unveiled earlier this year in a move to gain control over the motion controller wars that are currently led by Nintendo. Earlier today at the E3 expo in Los Angeles, Nintendo unveiled its first portable 3D gaming console.
Paddy Power has Argentina as the favourites to win the World Cup at 6/1 followed by Spain at 7/1. England's odds have been pushed to 8/1 from 15/2.
Sony declined to comment.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London