India, Thailand and China win gold and silver Press Lions
CANNES - Taproot India Mumbai took home a gold and silver Lion in the Press category last night to bring the total Lions awarded to Asia in this category to 12.
Out of 30 shortlisted entries, India received a gold Lion in the Press Lions category last night. The winning campaign 'Spiritual guru/ Royal rajput/ Kathkali dancer' was created by Taproot India Mumbai for Conqueror. The print ads were intricate portraits made with rolls of Conqueror paper.
'Kathkali dancer' also won a silver Lion for the Indian agency.
Of the 21 silver Press Lions awarded, three more were awarded to Asian agencies.
Leo Burnett Mumbai won silver for its 'Cofee/ Ink/ Egg' campaign developed for Procter & Gamble. Ogilvy Shanghai also took home a silver Lion for its 'Antique/ Safe/ Car' campaign for Midea's security camera.
In another silver scoop for the Ogilvy network, Ogilvy & Mather Bangkok received a nod for its 'Steel bed/ Wooden bed/ Luxury bed' campaign for Outdoor Innovation.
In the same category, seven bronze Lions were given to Hong Kong, Singapore, India and Thailand.
Thailand took home three bronze Lions thanks to Leo Burnett & Arc Worldwide Bangkok, Spa-Hakuhodo Bangkok and Creative Juice\Bangkok (TBWA) Bangkok for Canon Marketing's 'Jacuzzi/ Beach' campaign, Bigstar's 'Red/ Green/ Yellow' campaign and 3M's 'Marble', respectively.
India won bronze for Mudra DDB Group Mumbai's 'Puppy love/ Just married/ Waiting friend' road safety campaign developed for Bangalore Traffic Police and Bates 141 Mumbai for 'Lost and found' for Virgin Mobile.
For Hong Kong, Leo Burnett won bronze for its 'Orchard fruit peekaboo/ Grandma's turney dinner/ Pumpkin pie' campaign for Organic Town's range of organic baby food.
Finally DDB Singapore also pulled in a bronze Lion for its 'Construction/ Noisy dog/ Crying kid' campaign for Bose Noise-Cancelling Headphones.
The Press Lions jury had originally awarded the Grand Prix to Ogilvy Mexico's Scrabble 'Otto/ Abraham/ Efren' campaign, but withdrew the honour when they learned the same ads had been entered in the same category last year, disqualifying the campaign. The Grand Prix eventually went to ALMAPBBDO's 'Bono/ Amy/ Eminem/ Britney/ Marilyn' campaign. The campaign is a series of photo mosaics, where each artist's likeness is created with images of the people that influenced him.
Among Asian contenders in the Cyber category, only Japan won metals including one silver Lion and seven bronze Lions.
Two entries had been given the Grand Prix including Wieden + Kennedy USA for Nike Livestrong 'Chalkbot' and DDB Stockholm's Volkswagen 'Fun Theory'.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Affiliate Executive - Huge Client - Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum, London