Madonna to launch Material Girl fashion range
New York - US popstar Madonna is set to launch a new line of fashion products called Material Girl exclusive to Macy's New York.
Macy's: US store to carry Madonna's Material Girl fashion line
The line, designed for teenagers on a budget, is looking to reignite the leather and lace-themed fashion of the 1980s.
Madonna, along with her daughter Lourdes who is blogging about the range, is aiming the line at teenagers on a budget, with most items available under $40 (£26).
Macy’s is hoping the celebrity endorsement will bring teenagers into the store and the Material Girl is an attempt to keep up with high street fashion stores such as Forever 21 and H&M. New designs by Madonna’s line can be produced and on shelves within a month, according to Jeff Gennette, chief merchandising officer for Macy’s.
Gennette told the New York Times: "She has a fashion credibility that is incredibly apparent to anybody."
The ‘80s theme resonates in the new line, which includes stonewashed jeans, studded vests and punk-style skirts.
Kate Moss, top-earning English model turned clothing designer, hit the high street fashion market much earlier in 2007, launching an extremely successful line for UK retailer Topshop. Moss is also the face of cosmetics company Rimmell.
Macy’s carries other exclusive celebrity lines including Kouture by Kimora Lee Simmons.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton