Get Him To The Greek delivers impacts for Flake
The release of Russell Brand's 'Get Him To The Greek' helped a Cadbury cinema campaign for Flake deliver 924,000 impacts, according to estimated figures from Digital Cinema Media.
The ad, created by Fallon, shows a woman in a long flowing dress in the colours of a Flake packet and its folds of fabric gradually form the shape of a Flake bar to a classical soundtrack.
The cinema campaign, which was planned and bought by Omnicom agency PHD, included spots against ‘Sex and The City 2’, ‘Prince of Persia’ and ‘Killers’.
The Flake ad has been controversial because of its similarity to a Kate Moss stunt at an Alexander McQueen fashion show four years ago, which was directed by the same filmmaker, Baillie Walsh.
‘Get Him To The Greek’, which resurrects Brand’s role as British rock star Aldous Snow, delivered an estimated 320,317 impacts in its first weekend (June 26-27). It registered a similar box office revenue to co-star Jonah Hill’s other films ‘Knocked Up’ and ‘Superbad’.
Hot weather, festivals and the World Cup appeared to impact the box office this weekend, and ‘Killers’, which stars Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl, was the second-most-watched film, with an estimated 79,492 impacts.
The third-most-watched film of the weekend was ‘Sex and The City 2’, which delivered 72,871 impacts.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Marketing Manager, Wokingham, up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Wokingham
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex