First World Cup semi brings 8.6 million to ITV1
ITV1 profited from the first World Cup semi-final last night, as an average of 8.6 million people - 38.1% of the audience - tuned in during the 7pm-9.30pm slot, according to unofficial overnight figures.
Adrian Chiles: presents ITV's World Cup coverage
The last half-hour of the programme drew the most viewers, peaking at 10.3 million at 9-9.15pm, before Holland sealed a 3-2 victory over Uruguay.
BBC One has the Germany vs Spain semi-final tonight, but was well- beaten last night, with 'Holby City' attracting 4 million viewers at 8-9pm, less than half of the football game's audience.
At 9-10pm, BBC One's 'New Tricks' earned 3.4 million viewers and a 14.4% share of the available audience. ITV1's 9.30-10pm World Cup talkshow with James Corden pulled in 3.8 million viewers and a 16.7% share.
Channel 4 had the next-biggest 9-10pm audience after 'The Sex Education Show' attracted 2.9 million viewers, a 12.3% share. Including Channel 4+1 ratings, it received 3.3 million viewers.
Five brought in 1.1 million with 'CSI' and BBC Two managed 863,000 with 9-9.30pm sitcom 'Miranda' followed by 1.3 million for 'Top Gear' at 9.30-10.30pm.
Watch World Cup ads
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA