South African for Johnny Walker global
CAPE TOWN - Gavin Pike, currently the marketing and innovation director at Brandhouse Beverages in South Africa, has been appointed as global brand director of Johnnie Walker, reportedly the number one Scotch whisky brand by volume and number one ...
Diageo also announced yesterday 8 July 2010 that the previous global brand director, David Gates, is now global category director for whisky.
Gates said, "Gavin will be a great addition to the team in Amsterdam and his holistic marketing expertise is exactly what is needed to drive Johnnie Walker forward on to the next stage of its journey."
Pike has worked in the drinks industry since 1999 in various global marketing and innovation positions, joining brandhouse as innovation manager in 2003. Pike led the communications development around the re-introduction of Amstel into South Africa and has been responsible for growing strong brands as well as achieving portfolio growth in the region.
"Johnnie Walker is an iconic global brand with the most incredible heritage ... it is an enormous privilege for me to get the opportunity to shape the brands future course and velocity and build on the incredible work done by my predecessors," said Pike.
MD of brandhouse, Gerald Mahinda added, "I am thrilled to see him move into this exciting and challenging role, which will not only leverage his marketing and innovation experience, but call on his excellent relations.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London