Comparison site Credit Jungle launches
A comparison site called Credit Jungle has launched with the promise of eradicating the need to submit multiple loan applications, while protecting consumers' credit ratings.
Credit Jungle: launched by by two former employees of Callcredit
Credit Jungle provides a free service designed to help consumers find the most appropriate loan that matches their credit circumstances.
It claims to be a new generation of financial services website which matches borrowers to lenders, based on the individuals’ credit scores and the most appropriate loan for their credit circumstances.
Credit Jungle also aims to eradicate what it calls "rate rage", where users are shown market rates on traditional comparison sites, which are simply unattainable given their credit rating.
Devised by two former employees of credit reference agency Callcredit, it is said to be based on the knowledge that traditional comparison sites do not tell people that referred lenders use hard credit searches, which can negatively impact an individual’s credit score.
John Dobson, chief executive at Credit Jungle, said: "Sites such as GoCompare.com rely on best-buy tables by simply scouring the market for like-for-like loans and juxtaposing APRs.
"In reality, many of the so-called best rates are inaccessible to the majority of consumers, as their credit scores are not aligned with the lenders' minimum criteria. It is estimated that only 10% of applicants who apply for advertised best-buy rates are in fact eligible for them.
"For individuals with average to poor credit ratings, persistent chasing of best rates, followed by declined applications, only serves to worsen credit scores, due to the creation of credit-search footprints by credit reference agencies."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- SEO ACCOUNT MANAGER Success Digital £165 per day, London