Project Canvas unmoved after Virgin Media complaint
Project Canvas has said it remains focused on launching a consumer proposition next year and its proposals remain unchanged, despite Virgin Media registering a formal complaint about it to Ofcom.
Project Canvas: unmoved by Virgin Media objection
Virgin Media has asked the regulator to investigate the internet TV consortium on the grounds it is anti-competitive and restricts consumer choice.
Ofcom has confirmed it has received the complaint and will be working closely with the Office of Fair Trading over the next two months to assess whether or not it warrants investigation.
A Project Canvas spokeswoman said: "Our proposals remain unchanged and will create an open standards-based, internet-connected TV environment, within which competition and innovation can flourish.
"Project Canvas has a close working relationship with the Digital Television Group to achieve this, and the DTG expects to have a common standard for connected TV published by the end of the year. We remain focused on launching a consumer proposition next year that will transform people's daily TV viewing experience."
The Project Canvas consortium is formed of the BBC, ITV, BT, Channel Four, TalkTalk and Arqiva. Five was also a partner until it pulled out of making further investment in Canvas last month.
Digital Television Group declined to comment on the complaint.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London