Virgin Wines in social media investment
Virgin Wines is turning to social media to find new ways of engaging with its customers online.
Virgin Wines: invests in social media
The wine retailer has appointed online engagement consultants Somatica to advise it on how to maximise communication with its customers and create ways for them to communicate with each other through social media channels.
This will include creating a Facebook page where users can leave feedback about the wines and a blog for wine buyers and makers to contribute to and comment on.
It will also be uploading video content, featuring its winemakers' stories, to YouTube.
It wants the social media channels to be an extension of its national wine tasting events, and the website to be a place for customers to discuss wine recommendations.
Jay Wright, managing director of Virgin Wines, said: "With customer interaction being one of our main priorities, we are keen to use every channel to its full potential to allow every customer to communicate with us in a way that is most suitable and convenient to them."
At the end of 2009, Virgin Wines appointed search specialists High Position to advise on its SEO strategy.
Somatica consults brands on how to build trusts among their customers, offering training and workshops.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham