Mobile provider launches digital treasure hunt
MOSCOW - Russian mobile provider MTS has launched a digital campaign inviting consumers to play a weekly adventure game using their smartphone in order to win a prize.
QR Quest: the digital treasure hunt
'QR Quest' is a game that combines aspects of a treasure hunt and an adventure race held around the city during the night using QR codes and smart phones. The campaign aims to promote an MTS data plan and is created by Russian digital agency Grape.
Each week a new lap of the game is launched at a graffiti-painted billboard in Moscow. The billboard displays the first QR code, which players scan into their mobile to start the game. Players receive a task which is coded direction to the next location with a QR code, and amass points for completing tasks.
The winner is picked from the players who scored the most points and prizes include products such as a Nintendo Wii.
Digital QR campaigns have previously been trialled in Tokyo and New York.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Director [Telco] - Superb Agency off Oxford Street Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k with great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London