Mobile provider launches digital treasure hunt
MOSCOW - Russian mobile provider MTS has launched a digital campaign inviting consumers to play a weekly adventure game using their smartphone in order to win a prize.
QR Quest: the digital treasure hunt
'QR Quest' is a game that combines aspects of a treasure hunt and an adventure race held around the city during the night using QR codes and smart phones. The campaign aims to promote an MTS data plan and is created by Russian digital agency Grape.
Each week a new lap of the game is launched at a graffiti-painted billboard in Moscow. The billboard displays the first QR code, which players scan into their mobile to start the game. Players receive a task which is coded direction to the next location with a QR code, and amass points for completing tasks.
The winner is picked from the players who scored the most points and prizes include products such as a Nintendo Wii.
Digital QR campaigns have previously been trialled in Tokyo and New York.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Brand Strategist & Senior Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £60k-£90k + neg + generous benefits, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - Retail Royds Raphael £30k-£40k, London
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London