GM adspend to return to pre-bankruptcy levels
NEW YORK - General Motors has said it will boost its adspend to pre-bankruptcy levels, according to a report in the WSJ.
Joel Ewanick, vice president of US marketing at GM, said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal that the brand would also be returning to using "big event" TV marketing such as the Super Bowl. It was that kind of marketing, he said, that "made this company great."
The increase will see GM's adspend rise by 3% to 5% this year. WPP Group's Kantar Media said that GM spent $2.2bn on advertising in the US in 2009.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London