GM adspend to return to pre-bankruptcy levels
NEW YORK - General Motors has said it will boost its adspend to pre-bankruptcy levels, according to a report in the WSJ.
Joel Ewanick, vice president of US marketing at GM, said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal that the brand would also be returning to using "big event" TV marketing such as the Super Bowl. It was that kind of marketing, he said, that "made this company great."
The increase will see GM's adspend rise by 3% to 5% this year. WPP Group's Kantar Media said that GM spent $2.2bn on advertising in the US in 2009.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Designer / Art Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- SEO Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy Subject to skill set, London
- Associate Director - Sports Research PSD Group £45,000 to £55,000 + bonus + benefits, Central London
- COMMERCIAL MANAGER - LEADING ADVANCED SEARCH AGENCY Success Digital £Competitive, London