GM adspend to return to pre-bankruptcy levels
NEW YORK - General Motors has said it will boost its adspend to pre-bankruptcy levels, according to a report in the WSJ.
Joel Ewanick, vice president of US marketing at GM, said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal that the brand would also be returning to using "big event" TV marketing such as the Super Bowl. It was that kind of marketing, he said, that "made this company great."
The increase will see GM's adspend rise by 3% to 5% this year. WPP Group's Kantar Media said that GM spent $2.2bn on advertising in the US in 2009.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton