From bedroom to global domination: the Facebook timeline
It has taken fewer than six years for Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook to rise from obscurity to ubiquity. Brand Republic charts the major milestones as the social network climbed from one to 500 million users.
Facebook: It has taken only five months to add the last 100 million users, while the first 100 million took almost five years.
At the time, the nine months it took Facebook to reach its first million users seemed meteoric, but given it's taken just five months to add the last 100 million, the charge of the Zuckerberg's social behemoth is relentless, and just a little scary.
From its first VC cash injection to global domination, the timeline below charts the major milestones for the world's favourite social network.
The rise of Facebook
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London