From bedroom to global domination: the Facebook timeline
It has taken fewer than six years for Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook to rise from obscurity to ubiquity. Brand Republic charts the major milestones as the social network climbed from one to 500 million users.
Facebook: It has taken only five months to add the last 100 million users, while the first 100 million took almost five years.
At the time, the nine months it took Facebook to reach its first million users seemed meteoric, but given it's taken just five months to add the last 100 million, the charge of the Zuckerberg's social behemoth is relentless, and just a little scary.
From its first VC cash injection to global domination, the timeline below charts the major milestones for the world's favourite social network.
The rise of Facebook
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, City of London