From bedroom to global domination: the Facebook timeline
It has taken fewer than six years for Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook to rise from obscurity to ubiquity. Brand Republic charts the major milestones as the social network climbed from one to 500 million users.
Facebook: It has taken only five months to add the last 100 million users, while the first 100 million took almost five years.
At the time, the nine months it took Facebook to reach its first million users seemed meteoric, but given it's taken just five months to add the last 100 million, the charge of the Zuckerberg's social behemoth is relentless, and just a little scary.
From its first VC cash injection to global domination, the timeline below charts the major milestones for the world's favourite social network.
The rise of Facebook
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Marketing Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, East London
- Global Head of Studio and Production Creative Recruitment £65000 - £80000 per annum + Pro Rata, City of London
- Senior Digital Executive Stopgap £32000 per annum, City of London