Grey India wins Reliance Communications creative business worth $55m
NEW DELHI - Grey India today announced they have scooped the creative account for Reliance Communications, one of the top four telecoms companies in the world with 109 million customers in India.
According to a company release billing the win as "the biggest advertising pitch in the country this year", Grey India beat out incumbent Cartwheel, JWT, McCann Erickson and Mudra to clinch the account reportedly worth US$55 million (250 crores).
Grey's remit covers all of Reliance Communications' offerings, including its wireless business and anticipated 3G launch.
Commenting on the win, Jishnu Sen, Grey India chief operating officer, said, "This is huge. A win this big, a win against industry biggies is a huge testament to the new Grey."
"The thing that stood out in this pitch, according to me, is teamwork and passion. Across disciplines. Across levels. From the insight we cracked, to its strategic context and then finally culminating in some outstanding creative work. Every piece was right," he added.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Fashion Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Mobile Phone Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone and Benefits!, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - £28k - Big Budgets! Ultimate Asset £26000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Creative Thinker - Senior Planner Buyer - £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Digital Media Planner Buyer- £30k- Independent Agency Ultimate Asset £28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Digital Media Planner: £28k: Top Travel Clients Ultimate Asset £25000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, London