Times paywall is a 'foolish experiment' says Wikipedia founder
Jimmy Wales, the founder of Wikipedia, described The Times paywall as a "foolish experiment" that "would not last" and predicted Rupert Murdoch would be forced to give up on the idea.
Jimmy Wales: the founder of Wikipedia
Wales was speaking during an interview at Brand Republic's Hammersmith offices this afternoon where he was talking about the launch of the London office of Wikia, the commercial arm of Wikipedia that is home to the likes of Lostpedia.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland