Times paywall is a 'foolish experiment' says Wikipedia founder
Jimmy Wales, the founder of Wikipedia, described The Times paywall as a "foolish experiment" that "would not last" and predicted Rupert Murdoch would be forced to give up on the idea.
Jimmy Wales: the founder of Wikipedia
Wales was speaking during an interview at Brand Republic's Hammersmith offices this afternoon where he was talking about the launch of the London office of Wikia, the commercial arm of Wikipedia that is home to the likes of Lostpedia.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Client Service Manager - Media Planning and Sponsorship PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Account Manager - The Leading Media Agency - PPC Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Head of Digital Marketing Salt £60000 - £86000 per annum + £5K C/A, Manchester