Times paywall is a 'foolish experiment' says Wikipedia founder
Jimmy Wales, the founder of Wikipedia, described The Times paywall as a "foolish experiment" that "would not last" and predicted Rupert Murdoch would be forced to give up on the idea.
Jimmy Wales: the founder of Wikipedia
Wales was speaking during an interview at Brand Republic's Hammersmith offices this afternoon where he was talking about the launch of the London office of Wikia, the commercial arm of Wikipedia that is home to the likes of Lostpedia.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London