UBS in new brand campaign and Formula 1 tie-up
UBS, the Swiss bank, is undertaking its first brand advertising campaign in more than two years and has signed up as a Formula 1 sponsor as it bids to restore its reputation as a trusted brand.
UBS: campaign uses Neil Armstrong footage
UBS, like a number of banks, has suffered during the financial crisis and has had to be supported by a cash injection from the Swiss government.
The brand campaign, undertaken by Publicis London, comes as UBS is named as a global sponsor of Formula 1.
The global campaign kicks off this week and will initially launch in UBS’s domestic market of Switzerland and across Asia Pacific.
The campaign, which runs across TV print, and online, will then roll out across the rest of Europe and the US.
It includes the new strapline "we will not rest" which replaces its old strapline of "you and us".
The creative work features great achievements, and achievers, as a statement of what UBS aims to deliver for its clients.
The TV ad features footage of achievers including Neil Armstrong, under the title "The First", while Muhammed Ali is "The Greatest" and Steve McQueen "The Coolest".
The TV spot is set to a Maria Callas soundtrack and fades to the phrase "Until you are…" and then the strapline "We will not rest. UBS".
The print executions also feature examples of achievement.
Simon Derungs, account director at Publicis Worldwide, said: "This is a significant event for us, having partners UBS thorough highs and lows, we intend this campaign to provide a real boost to the firm’s recovery."
The F1 deal means that UBS will become a global sponsor of the sport. No commercial details of the F1 deal with UBS has been disclosed.
In recent times, banks like Royal Bank of Scotland and Dutch financial group ING have severed ties with the motor racing industry.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais