News Corp's Australian iPad app sold A$1m of ads at launch
SYDNEY - The Australian, the News Corporation title, racked up as much as A$1m worth of advertising at its iPad app launch.
The Australian: iPad app sold A$1m worth of advertising at launch
The figure was revealed by News Limited chairman and chief executive, John Hartigan, speaking at the Future Forum Conference in Sydney.
He said that The Australian had begun a second round of advertising for its iPad app, which costs A$5 and was launched on May 28.
According to a report on Ad News, Hartigan, said: "In the app world, people value quality content, are willing to pay for it, and appreciate it more, having paid for it. This is exactly the experience we have had with our iPad app for The Australian. We rushed it out after being asked to partner Apple in the iPad's Australian launch. We had six weeks to get it up and running– and yet, sales exceeded our expectations."
The Australian launched its iPad app after The Wall Street Journal and ahead of Murdoch's app for The Times.
In June, News Corp chairman Rupert Murdoch revealed The Australian’s iPad app racked up 4,500 downloads just one week after its launch. That figure was similar to The Times, which sold 5,000 in three days.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Digital Project Manager / Business Analyst - Client Side Salt £35000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits , London
- Digital Resourcer Creative Recruitment £16000 - £18000 per annum + OTE £20k, City of London