News Corp's Australian iPad app sold A$1m of ads at launch
SYDNEY - The Australian, the News Corporation title, racked up as much as A$1m worth of advertising at its iPad app launch.
The Australian: iPad app sold A$1m worth of advertising at launch
The figure was revealed by News Limited chairman and chief executive, John Hartigan, speaking at the Future Forum Conference in Sydney.
He said that The Australian had begun a second round of advertising for its iPad app, which costs A$5 and was launched on May 28.
According to a report on Ad News, Hartigan, said: "In the app world, people value quality content, are willing to pay for it, and appreciate it more, having paid for it. This is exactly the experience we have had with our iPad app for The Australian. We rushed it out after being asked to partner Apple in the iPad's Australian launch. We had six weeks to get it up and running– and yet, sales exceeded our expectations."
The Australian launched its iPad app after The Wall Street Journal and ahead of Murdoch's app for The Times.
In June, News Corp chairman Rupert Murdoch revealed The Australian’s iPad app racked up 4,500 downloads just one week after its launch. That figure was similar to The Times, which sold 5,000 in three days.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London