IAB targets charities with downloadable search marketing toolkit
Charities looking to exploit the marketing potential of search are being given a helping hand by the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB), which has launched a downloadable toolkit.
It was created by the IAB with the co-operation of charity brands including Oxfam, Shelter and the COI, which provided best-practice case studies to show less experienced charities and other not-for-profit organisations how effective search marketing should be done.
The toolkit demonstrates how search marketing can generate donations, how results can be monitored in real-time and how search can be used to react to emergency news stories and natural disasters when they strike.
It includes benchmarking tools, tips on how to execute a successful campaign, including setting targets and agreeing budgets, advice on obtaining grants, and suggested steps to improve website landing pages and conversion.
Its launch follows research conducted by the IAB’s search council, which found that 61% of non-profit organisations believed that their websites were falling short of key marketing objectives and that 40% of charity marketers had not been trained on key areas, such as the relationship between social media and search.
Jack Wallington, the IAB’s head of industry programmes and chair of its search council, said: "In a crowded space where many organisations are competing for share of voice on- and offline, search marketing has become one of the best ways for non-profits to get visibility with people looking to support them or to use their services."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London