MCBD confirms return of Tetley Tea Folk
Tetley's advertising agency Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy has confirmed that the Tetley Tea Folk will be returning to the nation's TV screens after an absence of nine years, and has released the details of a £9m ad campaign that kicks off next month.
Tetley: animated tea folk set to return to TV screens
Marketing broke the story in June that the Tetley Tea Folk would be appearing in ads again, while earlier this month, marketingmagazine.co.uk revealed images of the characters, who have acquired a makeover.
MCBD has since confirmed the return of the characters and disclosed some details of a through-the-line campaign that will include a series of TV ads.
According to Tetley, since the characters last appeared in 2001, it has been "inundated" with more than 10,000 enquiries from people demanding their return.
MCBD said that while details of the ads were still under wraps, it could confirm that the key characters, including Gaffer, Sydney and Tina would be appearing on TV.
Adele Henkes, Tetley’s senior brand manager, said: "The unwavering support from the public has been unbelievable. Our archives contain more than 4,000 letters, pictures, drawings and emails from the public, telling us how fond they are of the gang and how much they are missed."
The first of the new ads will air during ITV1’s 'Coronation Street'. The TV work will be backed by advertising in media, including digital and DM, with PR provided by Frank PR.
Media was planned and bought by MediaVest.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire