MCBD confirms return of Tetley Tea Folk
Tetley's advertising agency Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy has confirmed that the Tetley Tea Folk will be returning to the nation's TV screens after an absence of nine years, and has released the details of a £9m ad campaign that kicks off next month.
Tetley: animated tea folk set to return to TV screens
Marketing broke the story in June that the Tetley Tea Folk would be appearing in ads again, while earlier this month, marketingmagazine.co.uk revealed images of the characters, who have acquired a makeover.
MCBD has since confirmed the return of the characters and disclosed some details of a through-the-line campaign that will include a series of TV ads.
According to Tetley, since the characters last appeared in 2001, it has been "inundated" with more than 10,000 enquiries from people demanding their return.
MCBD said that while details of the ads were still under wraps, it could confirm that the key characters, including Gaffer, Sydney and Tina would be appearing on TV.
Adele Henkes, Tetley’s senior brand manager, said: "The unwavering support from the public has been unbelievable. Our archives contain more than 4,000 letters, pictures, drawings and emails from the public, telling us how fond they are of the gang and how much they are missed."
The first of the new ads will air during ITV1’s 'Coronation Street'. The TV work will be backed by advertising in media, including digital and DM, with PR provided by Frank PR.
Media was planned and bought by MediaVest.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1