Kidd to replace Alderson as DMC chief commissioner
George Kidd is set to succeed Matti Alderson after her three-year term as chief commissioner of the direct marketing industry's regulating body, the Direct Marketing Commission.
George Kidd: appointed chief commissioner of the DMC
Kidd said: "Direct marketing is now an everyday part of our lives, so I’m proud to lead the DMC and uphold the industry’s professional standards. The role of the DMC is vital in the industry’s efforts to secure the public’s confidence in the genuine value of direct marketing."
His role as commissioner will take immediate effect. He will head the DMC team of five, comprising independent members Michelle Peters and Martyn Percy, along with marketing industry representatives Danny Meadows-Klue and David Coupe.
Kidd has had several years' experience in the communications regulatory industry. He served for two years as an independent member of the DMC board, and eight years as chief executive of PhonepayPlus, the Ofcom regulatory body for the phone-pay content market.
David Metcalfe, chair of the Direct Marketing Association, said: "I congratulate George on his appointment as chief commissioner of the DMC. He brings to the job a wealth of experience maintaining industry self-regulation and knowledge of direct marketing.
"I’m confident that George will do an exceptional job in upholding the high professional standards that define the direct marketing industry.
Kidd has also served as a director in the Cabinet Office’s economic and domestic secretariat, with responsibility for regulatory policy and practices.
The DMC upholds the DMA’s code of practice in all areas of direct marketing, including direct mail, email, SMS, interactive television, mail order, telephone, catalogue and online.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london