Kidd to replace Alderson as DMC chief commissioner
George Kidd is set to succeed Matti Alderson after her three-year term as chief commissioner of the direct marketing industry's regulating body, the Direct Marketing Commission.
George Kidd: appointed chief commissioner of the DMC
Kidd said: "Direct marketing is now an everyday part of our lives, so I’m proud to lead the DMC and uphold the industry’s professional standards. The role of the DMC is vital in the industry’s efforts to secure the public’s confidence in the genuine value of direct marketing."
His role as commissioner will take immediate effect. He will head the DMC team of five, comprising independent members Michelle Peters and Martyn Percy, along with marketing industry representatives Danny Meadows-Klue and David Coupe.
Kidd has had several years' experience in the communications regulatory industry. He served for two years as an independent member of the DMC board, and eight years as chief executive of PhonepayPlus, the Ofcom regulatory body for the phone-pay content market.
David Metcalfe, chair of the Direct Marketing Association, said: "I congratulate George on his appointment as chief commissioner of the DMC. He brings to the job a wealth of experience maintaining industry self-regulation and knowledge of direct marketing.
"I’m confident that George will do an exceptional job in upholding the high professional standards that define the direct marketing industry.
Kidd has also served as a director in the Cabinet Office’s economic and domestic secretariat, with responsibility for regulatory policy and practices.
The DMC upholds the DMA’s code of practice in all areas of direct marketing, including direct mail, email, SMS, interactive television, mail order, telephone, catalogue and online.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Email Marketing Executive - Fashion - £30k 24 Seven Inc Up to £30,000, West London
- Qualitative Research Managers URGENT Stopgap £50000 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Publishing Communications Manager - Job-share,3 days a week Stopgap £30000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Mid level and Senior Digital Project Managers Zebra People £30000 - £50000 per annum + great benefits, East London