C4 to push 'This is England 86' at England game
Broadcaster Channel 4 is to advertise its Shane Meadows series, 'This is England 86', on the touchline tickers during the England vs Switzerland game next Tuesday (7 September).
This is England '86: Channel 4 is advertising its new series at England game
During the match, broadcast on Sky Sports, perimeter board ads for the four-part follow-up to the feature film ‘This is England’, will encourage viewers to switch over to Channel 4 after the match.
Six touchline LED panels will read: ‘This is England. A new 4-part drama’ and ‘This is England. Starts tonight 10pm’, and are aimed at capitalising on the links between football and England, and the storyline.
The touchline panels are the final part of a multimedia campaign, planned by OMD, which includes national poster and print ads, online advertising, cinema ads and a heavy weighted cross-network television campaign
‘This is England 86’ revisits the characters from the original film three years later – the year Maradona’s ‘hand of god’ ended England’s World Cup hopes and more than 3.4 million Brits were unemployed.
The main character, Shaun, has grown up and is leaving school, when a chance encounter brings him back together with Woody, Lol and the gang.
‘This is England 86’ starts on Tuesday 7 September at 10pm and runs for four weeks.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- EPIC COMMS PLANNING DIRECTOR POSITION - AUTOMOTIVE Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Agency Adam Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Integrated Producer - Advertising agency Daniel Marks London £50-60K + Benefits., London