C4 to push 'This is England 86' at England game
Broadcaster Channel 4 is to advertise its Shane Meadows series, 'This is England 86', on the touchline tickers during the England vs Switzerland game next Tuesday (7 September).
This is England '86: Channel 4 is advertising its new series at England game
During the match, broadcast on Sky Sports, perimeter board ads for the four-part follow-up to the feature film ‘This is England’, will encourage viewers to switch over to Channel 4 after the match.
Six touchline LED panels will read: ‘This is England. A new 4-part drama’ and ‘This is England. Starts tonight 10pm’, and are aimed at capitalising on the links between football and England, and the storyline.
The touchline panels are the final part of a multimedia campaign, planned by OMD, which includes national poster and print ads, online advertising, cinema ads and a heavy weighted cross-network television campaign
‘This is England 86’ revisits the characters from the original film three years later – the year Maradona’s ‘hand of god’ ended England’s World Cup hopes and more than 3.4 million Brits were unemployed.
The main character, Shaun, has grown up and is leaving school, when a chance encounter brings him back together with Woody, Lol and the gang.
‘This is England 86’ starts on Tuesday 7 September at 10pm and runs for four weeks.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham