Simon Cowell-backed burns charity launches
Charitable organisation The Katie Piper Foundation has launched, with the backing of 'The X Factor' mogul Simon Cowell and a website created by Tribal DDB.
Katie Pieper Foundation: launch backed by Simon Cowell
Piper, who was the subject of a recent Channel 4 documentary ‘Katie: My Beautiful Face?’, suffered severe burns to her face and neck as a result of an acid attack three years ago.
The former model has set up the charity with the aim of establishing a burn and scar management and rehabilitation clinic in the UK, with Simon Cowell as the charity’s first patron.
Tribal DDB has created the site for the charity, Katiepiperfoundation.org.uk, to provide information and support to burns survivors.
Piper said: "When I was recovering, I looked on the internet for information and support. There wasn’t anything that I felt described me or that could support me, without making me fell labelled and defined as a burns victim."
The charity’s visual identity was created by branding agency The Clearing.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London