Radio: Using beyond the spot to mobilise listeners and drive behavioural change
CASE STUDY - In January 2009 the Department of Health launched Change4Life with the aim of reducing obesity.
The focus of the campaign was prevention and set out to change the behaviours and circumstances that lead to weight gain by urging the public to 'Eat well, Move more and Live longer'.
After the official launch of Change4Life the challenge was to help people recognise their family may be at risk and encourage the target audience to complete a 'How are the kids?' questionnaire.
The serious message of this campaign needed to be delivered in a way so as not to alienate or lay blame with the target audience but to encourage them to recognise their family's health may be at risk.
Radio's strength as a powerful emotional influencer through its close relationship with the listener meant it was the perfect vehicle to land this sensitive message. Presenter endorsement could position the message in a way that was on the listeners' level and mobilise them to act.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London