Behavioural specialist Phorm launches in Brazil
Phorm, the online advertising company, has announced that it has served its first ads in Brazil.
Phorm: strengthening its position in Brazil
The firm, which has been surrounded in controversy for its use of behavioural targeting technology, announced that it has invoiced its first revenues and has served its first targeted ads to opted-in users.
It said it has signed agreements for advertising inventory with a number of large publishers and is continuing to extend its network of partner websites in the region.
In March, Phorm announced it was working with Oi, the Brazilian ISP. It said Telefonica was launching a trial of its internet personalisation product Navagador, which is the Portuguese name for its Web Discover product.
Phorm turned its attention to emerging markets, following diminishing support in the UK.
It is further strengthening its position in Brazil by hiring a managing director for Phorm Brazil from Microsoft Advertising, and bolstering the team with key personnel from its London headquarters.
In 2006, Phorm ran two trials targeting consumers for advertising, without seeking their permission. In July 2009, BT and Talk Talk severed ties with Phorm, after the European Commission decided to investigate the firm under breaches of data privacy rules.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Creative Artworker: InDesign,Illustrator,Photoshop,Typography Creative Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, Surrey
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London