BlackBerry to launch iPad rival
BlackBerry-maker Research in Motion (RIM) is to unveil its tablet device, dubbed the 'Blackpad', possibly as early as next week.
Apple iPad: faces challenge from imminent BlackBerry tablet
BlackBerry users are expecetd to be able to connect to the internet via 3G with their mobile phone connection, unlike the iPad, which requires a separate data subscription.
Binatone was the first electronic brand to launch a tablet device to compete with the iPad in August. Its budget HomeSurf tablet device, which runs on Google’s Android operating system, costs £130.
More recently, Samsung unveiled its Galaxy tablet. Unlike the iPad, Samsung’s device is able to load web pages built with Flash. It also has a camera on the front and back, a feature not included on current iPads.
RIM refused to comment on the launch.
Users can continuously communicate via email, voice and video call, SMS/MMS or social network, via its optimised user interface. Samsung has not released a launch date or price for the tablet.
Lenovo is also rumoured to be launching a tablet device before Christmas.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London