BlackBerry to launch iPad rival
BlackBerry-maker Research in Motion (RIM) is to unveil its tablet device, dubbed the 'Blackpad', possibly as early as next week.
Apple iPad: faces challenge from imminent BlackBerry tablet
BlackBerry users are expecetd to be able to connect to the internet via 3G with their mobile phone connection, unlike the iPad, which requires a separate data subscription.
Binatone was the first electronic brand to launch a tablet device to compete with the iPad in August. Its budget HomeSurf tablet device, which runs on Google’s Android operating system, costs £130.
More recently, Samsung unveiled its Galaxy tablet. Unlike the iPad, Samsung’s device is able to load web pages built with Flash. It also has a camera on the front and back, a feature not included on current iPads.
RIM refused to comment on the launch.
Users can continuously communicate via email, voice and video call, SMS/MMS or social network, via its optimised user interface. Samsung has not released a launch date or price for the tablet.
Lenovo is also rumoured to be launching a tablet device before Christmas.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East