BlackBerry to launch iPad rival
BlackBerry-maker Research in Motion (RIM) is to unveil its tablet device, dubbed the 'Blackpad', possibly as early as next week.
Apple iPad: faces challenge from imminent BlackBerry tablet
BlackBerry users are expecetd to be able to connect to the internet via 3G with their mobile phone connection, unlike the iPad, which requires a separate data subscription.
Binatone was the first electronic brand to launch a tablet device to compete with the iPad in August. Its budget HomeSurf tablet device, which runs on Google’s Android operating system, costs £130.
More recently, Samsung unveiled its Galaxy tablet. Unlike the iPad, Samsung’s device is able to load web pages built with Flash. It also has a camera on the front and back, a feature not included on current iPads.
RIM refused to comment on the launch.
Users can continuously communicate via email, voice and video call, SMS/MMS or social network, via its optimised user interface. Samsung has not released a launch date or price for the tablet.
Lenovo is also rumoured to be launching a tablet device before Christmas.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)