Google rules (so does Apple and Microsoft), as tech-savvy Aussies snub Vegemite and Toyota
Campaign Brief has the story of how Australians have gone tech mad as brands including Google, Microsoft, Nokia, Sony and Apple top the list while old favourites such as Vegemite fall out of favour.
Those were among the top brands in Australia according to the 2010 Brand Asset Valuator (BAV) study conducted by the global brand authority, Brand Asset Consulting.
While the tech brands soared others fell out of favour. FHM, Nutrient Water, MySpace, and Tiger Airlines were among the least trusted brands.
BAV research director David Evans, said: "Australians proved that they were not-so-happy little Vegemites with the disaster that was iSnack. And chocolate brands which boomed as the GFC made us all depressed, are being cut from our list of favourite indulgences as we're feeling a lot more relaxed and comfortable."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London