BA digital marketer joins BBC.com as commercial director
BBC Worldwide, the Corporation's commercial arm, has appointed BA's head of digital marketing Chris Davies to the new position of commercial director of BBC's international website BBC.com.
Chris Davies, commercial director, BBC.com
Davies will be responsible for defining and delivering BBC.com’s consumer and commercial proposition across BBC News, Sport, Weather, Business, Technology and other factual and lifestyle sections.
In his new role Davies will be responsible for the role out of market editions and report to Luke Bradley-Jones, executive vice president and managing director BBC.com.
A spokesman for BBC Worldwide said BBC.com has worked with more than 1,000 global advertising partners since its launch in 2007 and, according to Omniture, it attracts 54 million visitors every month.
At BA Davies oversaw the airline’s digital marketing strategy and all digital marketing channels; including BA.com, which he successfully re-launched in 2006, mobile platforms and BA’s first major foray into social media.
Davis has held various roles at BA since he joined in 1999, including BA.com editor. Prior to joining BA Davis worked at the youth travel company STA Travel.
Bradley-Jones said: "Chris has an extremely strong track record of delivering both audience and revenue growth during his time at BA. The combination of his digital marketing expertise and new product development is a winning formula for BBC.com, as we continue to shape the site for audiences all around the world and realise new commercial opportunities."
A spokesman for BA said Davies’ replacement is yet to be confirmed.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton