Phorm posts $16m loss for first half
Phorm, the web-targeting company, has reported a $15.7m (£9.9m) operating loss for the six months to 30 June.
Kent Ertugrul: chief executive of Phorm
In the same period last year, the company had operating losses of $15m. Phorm attributed this to the company’s restructure, building up operations in Brazil, and reducing the size of the UK office.
While it has not reported any revenues in the first half of the year, it said it had invoiced Oi, the Brazilian ISP, for $1.6m.
Kent Ertugrul, chief executive of Phorm, said: "We are also very actively exploring opportunities in markets outside of Brazil and, in particular, we are pleased with our progress in Asia.
"We expect to announce a number of developments over the next year as various opportunities come to fruition," he said.
The firm, which has attracted criticism for its use of behavioural targeting technology at an ISP level, announced recently it had served its first targeted ads to opted-in users in Brazil.
It said it had signed agreements for advertising inventory with a number of large publishers and was continuing to extend its network of partner websites in Brazil.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1