Champions League football peaks at 5.8 million for ITV1
Manchester United's UEFA Champions League game on ITV1 drew the biggest audience at primetime last night, although BBC One pulled back share when the game was not playing, according to unofficial overnight figures.
Champions League: ITV coverage attracted peak of 5.8 million viewers
The football coverage attracted an average audience of 4.5 million across ITV1 and ITV1 HD between 7.30pm and 10pm, a 19.3% share of the available audience.
The peak audience during the game was 15 minutes into the match at 8pm, when ITV1 and ITV1 HD was watched by 5.8 million people, a 25% share of the TV-watching audience.
The BBC One school drama ‘Waterloo Road’ attracted an average audience of 4.5 million viewers on BBC One and BBC HD between 8pm and 9pm.
‘Waterloo Road’ was the most-watched show between 8.30pm and 8.45pm, during half-time in the football, with an average audience of 4.69 million across BBC One and BBC HD, compared with ITV1 and ITV1 HD’s 4.8 million.
BBC One’s ‘Crimewatch’ had an average audience of 4.02 million between 9pm and 10pm, a 16.6% share of the available audience.
‘Crimewatch’ was the most-watched show between 9.30pm and 10pm, after the football had finished, with 4.39 million viewers, to ITV’s 2.8 million across ITV1 and ITV1 HD.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London