Champions League football peaks at 5.8 million for ITV1
Manchester United's UEFA Champions League game on ITV1 drew the biggest audience at primetime last night, although BBC One pulled back share when the game was not playing, according to unofficial overnight figures.
Champions League: ITV coverage attracted peak of 5.8 million viewers
The football coverage attracted an average audience of 4.5 million across ITV1 and ITV1 HD between 7.30pm and 10pm, a 19.3% share of the available audience.
The peak audience during the game was 15 minutes into the match at 8pm, when ITV1 and ITV1 HD was watched by 5.8 million people, a 25% share of the TV-watching audience.
The BBC One school drama ‘Waterloo Road’ attracted an average audience of 4.5 million viewers on BBC One and BBC HD between 8pm and 9pm.
‘Waterloo Road’ was the most-watched show between 8.30pm and 8.45pm, during half-time in the football, with an average audience of 4.69 million across BBC One and BBC HD, compared with ITV1 and ITV1 HD’s 4.8 million.
BBC One’s ‘Crimewatch’ had an average audience of 4.02 million between 9pm and 10pm, a 16.6% share of the available audience.
‘Crimewatch’ was the most-watched show between 9.30pm and 10pm, after the football had finished, with 4.39 million viewers, to ITV’s 2.8 million across ITV1 and ITV1 HD.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London