Strictly and X Factor dominate the weekend's TV
The first live show of the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing' with politician Ann Widdecombe and magician Paul Daniels, was watched by nine million viewers on Friday night, according to unofficial overnight figures.
Cheryl Cole and Will.i.am: X Factor hosts pick their top three singers
Reality formats were the big winner across the weekend. On Saturday night the weekend's second instalment of ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ netted an average audience of 8.7 million, while ITV’s ‘The X Factor’ attracted an average audience of 11.9 million.
Friday’s episode of ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ had an average audience of 9.05 million on BBC One and BBC HD between 9pm and 10pm, a 38.2% share of the TV watching audience and the largest audience for any channel on Friday.
On Saturday ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ attracted an average audience of 8.71 million between 6pm and 7pm on BBC One and BBC HD, a 41.6% share of the TV watching audience. The show hit a peak audience of 10.09 million between 6.55pm and 7pm.
‘The X Factor’ won an average audience of 11.9 million between 7pm and 9pm on ITV1 and ITV1 HD on Saturday night, a 47.3% share of the TV watching audience. It hit a five-minute peak between 8.50pm and 8.55pm with 12.82 million viewers.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London