New York Times plans twin site paywall strategy at Boston Globe
NEW YORK - The New York Times Company is planning to erect a paywall around The Boston Globe's content or at least some of it in the second half of 2011 after the paywall at its flagship newspaper goes live in January.
The plan will see the Boston Globe spread its content across two websites. The existing Boston.com site will remain free and it will be joined by the launch of a second subscription based pay site called BostonGlobe.com in a two site strategy that adds a fresh take on publisher’s efforts to make newspaper paywalls work.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)