New York Times plans twin site paywall strategy at Boston Globe
NEW YORK - The New York Times Company is planning to erect a paywall around The Boston Globe's content or at least some of it in the second half of 2011 after the paywall at its flagship newspaper goes live in January.
The plan will see the Boston Globe spread its content across two websites. The existing Boston.com site will remain free and it will be joined by the launch of a second subscription based pay site called BostonGlobe.com in a two site strategy that adds a fresh take on publisher’s efforts to make newspaper paywalls work.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)