New York Times plans twin site paywall strategy at Boston Globe
NEW YORK - The New York Times Company is planning to erect a paywall around The Boston Globe's content or at least some of it in the second half of 2011 after the paywall at its flagship newspaper goes live in January.
The plan will see the Boston Globe spread its content across two websites. The existing Boston.com site will remain free and it will be joined by the launch of a second subscription based pay site called BostonGlobe.com in a two site strategy that adds a fresh take on publisher’s efforts to make newspaper paywalls work.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)