Bing to promote forthcoming Jay-Z book
NEW YORK - Bing is to publish the entirety of rapper Jay-Z's forthcoming book, 'Decoded', by leaving actual pages in locations across the globe and posting virtual pages on Bing Maps, in a campaign designed to flaunt the functionality of Microsoft's fledgling search engine.
Bing: rapper Jay-Z's autobiography is focus of promotion campaign
Fans of Jay-Z will be able to use Microsoft’s self-dubbed "decision engine" to decode the star’s lyrics and identify the locations that inspired them. Users who subsequently visit those locations will be able to find pages and also enter a competition.
The pages will appear on traditional media as well as on a variety of unconventional surfaces, including pool tables, bronze plaques and clothing racks in fashion stores.
Locations span 15 cities across the globe, ranging from the projects of Brooklyn, where Jay-Z grew up, and Manhattan, where he built his music empire, to London streets that inspired some of his music.
The "decryption" nature of the multi-platform campaign is in keeping with the content of the rapper’s book, in which the global superstar reveals the hidden meanings in some of his most provocative songs.
By using Bing’s various functions, including Bing Maps and Bing Entertainment, web users can decode the 300 pages of the book via 600 traditional, non-traditional and digital advertising placements, as well as on Bing Maps.
The online game can be found at www.bing.com/jay-z, where participants are presented with clues to decrypt.
Any player who successfully locates a hidden page – either online or at a physical location – will be entered in into the prize draw. The grand prize is two tickets to see Jay-Z and Coldplay in concert in Las Vegas on New Year’s Eve.
The campaign goes live today (18 October) and has been produced by Droga5. It will run for four weeks until 'Decoded' goes on sale on 16 November.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Brand Consultant - Innovation and Marketing Capability Rare Selection Up to £55K + 20% bonus, Bucks