Times digital director to leave
Gurtej Sandhu, The Times' digital director brought in to oversee the relaunch of the newspaper's website as a paid-for offering, is leaving the company.
TheTimes.co.uk digital director Gurtej Sandhu
A Times spokeswoman confirmed his departure, but would not reveal whether he was moving to another job.
Sandhu oversaw the digital editorial development of thetimes.co.uk and The Times iPad edition.
TheTimes.co.uk was developed to replace the free website Timesonline.co.uk and allow The Times to charge for online content.
Sandhu joined the company in January from parent company News Corporation's Star TV channel in India, where he was senior vice-president of new media and information technology.
News of his departure comes after it was revealed that in the five months since people had to pay to access The Times' online content, around 105,000 people have paid for digital-only packages while around 100,000 Times and Sunday Times subscribers have activated their digital subscriptions.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Social Content Producer leading London Digital Agency highly progressive social account Ramsden Road c.£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Secure Connectivity Product Manager Barclay Meade £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Berkshire
- Digital Fundraising Analyst PFJ £34000.00 - £41500.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager | Luxury | £28,000 Dynamic New Alliances £24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London (South), London (Greater)